There are two types of comprehension passages:
Instructional practices that facilitate the students understanding of narrative text includes:
- Focusing discussions on story elements and encouraging students to relate story events and characters to their own experience.
- Encouraging students to compare the structure of one story to the other.
- Preparing visual guides, such as story maps of the structure of the story, to help them recall, specific story elements.
Instructional practices that facilitate the students understanding of expository text includes:
- It is different from the way it is presented in the text/ page. It may be organized by means of headings / subheadings and may contain extensive graphics, such as tables, charts and illustrations.
- Ask students to chunk information in a text by grouping related ideas and concepts.
- Prepare integrated information in the text with existing knowledge.
- To be able to synthesize information from different texts and develop presentations about the text.
For complete information on IELTS Coaching, Contact Masterprep at 1800 137 5499 (Toll-Free).