Managing time in PTE’s listening module is very important. Although it depends entirely on you to decide the amount of time you spend on each question before clicking NEXT. Unlike the reading and writing modules, you cannot go back to the speaking module (is it correct?) as it happens in real-time. Audio files in the PTE listening module start automatically and are played once only. Therefore, you need to be very attentive so that not even a single minute is wasted.
Let us take a look at the tasks first:
- In summarizing the spoken test, you listen to the recording and make a 50-70-word summary in 10 minutes.
- In multiple-choice, multiple answer test, you have to listen to an audio recording based on which you select many correct answers, from a list of possible options.
- Infill in the blanks test, you have to listen to an audio clip based on which you will fill the blanks with missing words correctly.
- In highlight the correct summary test, you have to listen to an audio recording and select the right option, which best summarizes the record.
- In multiple choices, a single answer test, you have to choose one correct answer for a multiple-choice question.
- In this select missing word, you have to select the most appropriate response to complete the missing words in an audio recording. The missing words in the text are beeped to represent it.
- In highlight incorrect words test, you have to highlight the errors in a transcript after listening to an audio file.
- In write from a dictation test, you have to type a short sentence correctly after listening to its audio.
Managing time is vital to answer all these tests. For most people, time management means completing tasks at all costs. However, they fail to understand that it is even more essential to perform effectively by working on your strengths. Following are the ways in which you can manage:
- Prioritize: It is advisable to prioritize your tasks that carry the most weight. This will let you decide where you need to put most of your time. For example, Fill in the blanks test has a higher weight than Multiple Choice. The latter is also a bit tricky, confusing, and doesn’t contribute much.
- Familiarize: It is an obvious tip, but it is the most important one. It would be best if you get familiarize with the format, flow, and sequence of the tasks as well. Even if you are brilliant in English, it doesn’t matter if you are unable to translate it to good scores.
- Optimal utilization: Optimizing is the best way to score well in the listening module. If you have adequately practiced this section, then you must have developed some strategies to score perfectly.
If you are struggling to manage time in the PTE listening module, then join Masterprep for the best PTE course. The faculty follows a student-centric approach to help students achieve outstanding scores with the help of professionally developed material and strategic training at state of the art classrooms. Get registered with MasterPrep, the top Spoken English institute, and improve your capabilities.